Blinking Green Light - cannot upload - dammit

sandcaker

Thanks for the sage advice everyone.
I will be trying out retrieval tips today. I'll let you know what ultimately pans out.
This is the first time on this site and I really like it, it's terrific.

sandcaker

Hi All,

Here's my response to some of the helpful tips on this thread:

• Card "pull" did not resolve in anything this time
• Dual card slot is in my D3 and the other compact flash card does carry intact, perfect data
• I recharged the battery but did not resolve issue
• I did hook up my card reader to a PC and VOILA! The high-res files are there. I will now be spending my morning burning it up on DVDs.

This was such a strange situation because while I was shooting, I still was able to preview the images. And when I originally uploaded to iPhoto, I saw all of the thumbnails. Retrieving the native files was the problem.

I'm considering reformatting the card, but am scared chicken so I just might toss it.

I talked to another friend yesterday afternoon and supposedly these cards become corrupted quite often. Any experience that holds this statement true?

Last edited:

Snap Happy

It has been my experience, and I can only speak for myself, that I have found it best to carry more smaller cards, instead of a few large ones. While you may need to change cards more often, at least if one "dies" you do not loose all your shots.

Also because the D3 has the duel slots, it is a bonus to have and I am more confident that while one may play up, I am reasonably sure the other card won't. I do make a habit of only formatting the memory cards in camera. I do copy and paste from the card, confirm file integrity, before putting the card back in the camera for the camera to format it.

I don't cut and paste, I only ever copy and paste. Once again, the chance of the computer crashing, a power failure or something like that has never happened, but I always .... "Err" on the side of caution. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

Hi All,

Here's my response to some of the helpful tips on this thread:

• Card "pull" did not resolve in anything this time
• Dual card slot is in my D3 and the other compact flash card does carry intact, perfect data
• I recharged the battery but did not resolve issue
• I did hook up my card reader to a PC and VOILA! The high-res files are there. I will now be spending my morning burning it up on DVDs.

This was such a strange situation because while I was shooting, I still was able to preview the images. And when I originally uploaded to iPhoto, I saw all of the thumbnails. Retrieving the native files was the problem.

I'm considering reformatting the card, but am scared chicken so I just might toss it.

I talked to another friend yesterday afternoon and supposedly these cards become corrupted quite often. Any experience that holds this statement true?

Dude, go ahead and reformat the card and put it in the back-up slot. That way, if you have a problem, then you will know about it BEFORE it becomes critical.
Any other problems with it, beat that sucker flat with a big honking' hammer!
Of course, thats just my opinion! ;)

I'm glad the pc thing worked for ya! :)