HMAS SYDNEY FFG 3 Visit

Eye-level

Banned
Apparently CT's are required to have an extremely high security clearance I suppose because of the intelligence gathering stuff. I was told by my Company Commander in boot camp Chief Brown a Seabee that spooks had security clearances so high level that they would probably be allowed to talk to the POTUS personally. He also told me that typically they were guarded by Marines...I don't know though Chief Brown was definitely a BSer. lol

You and me joined about the same time then. I think my DD214 says my last day was like Sep 8 1989...I'll have to get all that stuff out and look at it again. Last time I had my Navy files out my son was about 12 and he was like really? I said really... He has always wanted to be a soldier like his pa...had no clue his dad was once a squid...lol My grandfather was a BM in WW2 and Korea and Naval reserves that and the fact I just wanted to get the hell out of the house at 18 and see the world is why I joined but it turned out to be like a trip to boot camp and then back home and boot camp sucked balls IMO LOL I think they ought to make every American young man and young woman go through boot camp after they graduate. I know it helped my bronco @ss out a lot.

The Navy has always used the Nikons just like Nasa...they are good cameras. :)

You are an officer aren't you Glenn? What sort of job do you do?

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The Navy has always used the Nikons just like Nasa...they are good cameras. :)

You are an officer aren't you Glenn? What sort of job do you do?

Jeff - I appreciate your spirit but I think we are way out of topic now.

But to anwer your question, yes I am. I applied via the CWO/LDO program.

RockyNH_RIP

They are slim and easy to place on your shirt pocket. Here is another shot zoomed in a little bit. Some contrast added during post processing.

A view from my the office. :D

HMAS SYDNEY FFG 3 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Nice shots Glenn! I need a new P&S to take on off road motorcycle stuff when I choose not to bring the DSLR... I have an old canon (good camera) but want a more modern, higher resolution with a good zoom... You have done fine with yours!

Pat in NH

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nice shots Glenn! I need a new P&S to take on off road motorcycle stuff when I choose not to bring the DSLR... I have an old canon (good camera) but want a more modern, higher resolution with a good zoom... You have done fine with yours!

Pat in NH

Thanks Pat. You might want to consider the Coolpix P330 which has RAW capability and built in GPS. Great for traveling with your bike.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
These are just for my leisure shots whenever I don't want to lug my DSLR. These types of cameras are great for hiking or riding a bike. If you see something interesting, just simply break em out and shoot away. Not too complicated to operate.

​For biking, it's my D7000 with the 18-200 in a handlebar bag. ;)