Need DF people to answer quickly, please.

SkvLTD

I might pop for a used one if I see one for less than $1,200, which is more realistic since they are about $1K over-priced to start with.

Well, 1400 is more of a reasonable price because this still sports a D4 sensor, and honestly used IS the way to go. I got mine for 17 or 1800 with barely any mileage on it.

Krs_2007

Did they tell you the shutter count? I really want one, but I have too many kids that need cars. I might drift over to craigslist to see what's out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blade Canyon

Just buy it already :)

I'm still thinking $1k+ is too much to spend for only one stop gain over my D800. I'll put that $1k aside in my head as "savings", then not feel so guilty making a big purchase when Nikon releases their next consumer FX body with the newest sensor and the newest processor and a two or three stops gain in reduced noise low light imaging. That's the only feature I'm trying to gain with a new body.

carguy

I'm still thinking $1k+ is too much to spend for only one stop gain over my D800. I'll put that $1k aside in my head as "savings", then not feel so guilty making a big purchase when Nikon releases their next consumer FX body with the newest sensor and the newest processor and a two or three stops gain in reduced noise low light imaging. That's the only feature I'm trying to gain with a new body.
People are not buying a Df based on technical specs alone. They buy it for the performance AND retro look.

SkvLTD

Smaller pixel count is better at night, plus flatship tweaked sensor than a studio-intended one. There are benefits. Also non-Ai glass without any mods. But otherwise, you do get it for aesthetics first with performance to back up the hip looks.