Remote shutter release

Mark1953

Just wondering what the life span is for a (properly oriented) CR2016 in a FotoTech remote shutter release. I have two and put new batteries in both a couple months ago but neither worked over the weekend. Either they died quickly or I've forgotten how to use them.

Needa

Challenge Team
If it is an IR remote be sure the camera is set to remote mode. I find the IR remote doe not like to work from behind the camera to the side is OK.

BF Hammer

I just tried to google what that item is. Need more information because there are several different products to choose from. Is this a simple IR remote with just a single button? Is it a radio device that requires another item to be connected to the camera? Is it an intervalometer with a LCD display on it and a wire that plugs into the camera? I get hits for all of those type of products.

Dawg Pics

The Amazon feedback for the Foto & Tech ML-L3 (3v button cell) suggests if you don't remove the battery when you aren't using it, they die quickly. So, it has a lot of battery drain just sitting there. You might look up your model on Amazon and see what people are saying about it.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Mark1953, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor