Sad D200 owner

desmobob

Looking at various online sites the D200's are getting really cheap now, under $100 for ones in very good shape. Right now I'm using mine with extension tubes and an adapted Pentax 50mm lens for macro photography.

They are an incredible bargain. It's very economical to own older gear... I just bought a new, old stock MB-D200 battery grip for less than twenty-five bucks.

By the way, my cheap, easily repaired D200 turned out to have just 4353 shutter activations. It should last me as long as I want it to. :)

I used it to to take a shot of my buddy in his antique Tucker Sno-Cat today:
_Sno-Cat.jpg

Last edited:

KJProX

Latest update on this long story.

Last week I lost a lens cap while I was on vacation, after getting home I did one more check going through my camera bag (Yes the same bag) and found the original broken off selector button stuck in a corner of the bag. I'm not going to do anything with it for now because the one I made works fine. As for the lens cap I'm thinking it fell out in the back of the rental car.

The D200 I haven't used for a long time but hopefully gets out on some shoots this summer, between my D90 and D700 haven't had much call for the D200.