SOLVED Nikon D70 and Tamron 171D 28-200mm lens - no auto focus.

wwdwgs

Hello, everyone.
For some strange reason my D70 can't focus (auto) Tamron 28-200mm lens. F-stop ring is turned to F22 (max).
I suspect that the lens is not "compatible" with my camera. I also tried the same lens on D200 - no focus.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting that prevents me from using this lens in auto-focus?
I need your help to solve this issue.
thanks in advance.

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Make sure your focus mode is P, S, or A. The M Mode would require manual focusing.

wwdwgs

I tried all modes (P,S,A,M), only manual focus works. D70 has focusing motor, Tamron lens has corresponding screw. Auto-focus doesn't work.

wwdwgs

I read that link a few days ago and found no answers within it.
I "fixed" it!!! I played with settings, AE/AF locks and it finally started to focus.
Thank you all for helping me to get agitated and find a solution.

Bikerbrent

I "fixed" it!!! I played with settings, AE/AF locks and it finally started to focus.
Congratulations wwdwgs. Glad you got it fixed.

Fred Kingston_RIP

I provided the link not as a solution, in this instance, but to illustrate that that lens and body combination were exhibiting the same issues almost 20 years ago... and indications are pretty good that your "fix" MIGHT be fleeting unless you know exactly what it was that you did to "fix" it... I'n NOT trying to be negative, only pointing that you're using some pretty old equipment that was in its infancy (automatic focus) when they were made...