Are there no D700 users left here?

Chile7236

What did you damage?
I had no issue installing mine does it have something to do with closing the viewfinder shade first before you screw it on?

https://youtu.be/C06A8gBK7U0

it was a while back so i don't quite recall but i think it was...the exposure values and whatnot are blurry....the view of the shot is fine but the rest is blurry but readable. shots come out fine. the funny thing is if i put my glasses on and use the vf, everything is good ;)...maybe i'll stop wearing contacts.

Ramseybella

it was a while back so i don't quite recall but i think it was...the exposure values and whatnot are blurry....the view of the shot is fine but the rest is blurry but readable. shots come out fine. the funny thing is if i put my glasses on and use the vf, everything is good ;)...maybe i'll stop wearing contacts.
Did you adjust your Diopter have you tried returning back to the original ring? I don't use glasses "Yet" I can read my information fine I am using a rubber eye cup as well. Man I need to clean this camera!!:(

Diopter.jpg

Last edited:

STM

Though I am now using a D7100 for long range nature work (just to take advantage of the 1.5x crop factor), my D700 still remains, and will for the foreseeable future, my go-to digital camera.

SpikeyLemon

the knob is actually bent now so it cant be adjusted :(

I know it's been month since your post, just wanting to say there is an accessory meant to add to what the adjustments can offers in case someone is really blind or just don't want to use their glasses when using a camera. But in your case could just correct it enough to compensate the fact you can't use the adjustment knob.

Nikon DK-17C and they comes in various strengths of correction. This https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300682-REG/Nikon_4756_DK_17C_2_Diopter_for.html is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

r1p

Not much going on in this forum, has every one moved on from the D700:confused::sorrow:

Count me in!!!

For my needs, I just can’t find anything in Nikon’s offerings that would make me drop the D700. I would love more tech, but not at the expense of huge file sizes and ergonomics.

I traditionally use the 3-5MB file sizes, and it is more than plenty.