D3s meets Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII

ShootRaw

Nice..Thanks for the advice..Will probably go with Tamron 70mm-200mm 2.8 vc or keep saving for Nikons..God I want to go to Japan...

wud

Nice images, Qqtuazon. Yeah, its a very nice combo. And heavy! But it makes up for it, with the spot on focus, the awesome bookeh and the great colors, imo.

Just concerned about using it at events with low-light..(Weddings etc..) I know Rick is happy with his..

I only done 1 wedding in a church, but light were pretty good. I used the 35mm there, as I wanted to get the surroundings in the image, but outside I used the 70-200mm and it works like a charm! I like that you can blow out the background so beautiful, and its possible to get close without standing up their noses.

lisbeth_bryllup_5863.jpg

DraganDL

Nice..Thanks for the advice..Will probably go with Tamron 70mm-200mm 2.8 vc or keep saving for Nikons..God I want to go to Japan...

Actually, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC (USM) is slightly pricier than Nikkor, but I would go for Tamron, which, according to reviews is extremely well built (weather sealed?) and, allegedly, does not suffer from "breathing" as much as Nikkor...

Last edited:

wud

Actually, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC (USM) is slightly pricier than Nikkor, but I would go for Tamron, which, according to reviews is extremely well built (weather sealed?) and, allegedly, does not suffer from "breathing" as much as Nikkor...

Breathing? What is this?

Sent from Tapatalk

Steve B

Tamron f/2.8 is $100 more than the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 but $900 less than the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8.

DraganDL

Breathing? What is this?

Sent from Tapatalk

Breathing is (here) an informal term for tendency of a lens to gradually shrink it's declared field of view when being focused from infinity towards minimum (lens's closest focus distance) which is, basically a bad thing. Reportedly, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II exhibits a very high level of "breathing" - it's 200mm "becomes" 135mm when focused at a distance of about 5 feet...

Last edited:

WhiteLight

Call me blind, but i like the second set color renditions from the D700 a tad better.. The first set looks just a wee bit over sat to me
Not taking anything away from the first set, but you gave something to compare with :D

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Call me blind, but i like the second set color renditions from the D700 a tad better.. The first set looks just a wee bit over sat to me
Not taking anything away from the first set, but you gave something to compare with :D

Thank you for your feedback. It is just a matter of sliding the WB to make it cooler or warmer. Sometimes I tend to make the colors pop and over do it during post.

Last edited: