The Best of the D700 images

subash jeram

Hi cwgrizz it shows an animation of a broken pic I can see pics on all other posts on nikonites but not this one for some reason. I am q big fan of the D700.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Hi cwgrizz it shows an animation of a broken pic I can see pics on all other posts on nikonites but not this one for some reason. I am q big fan of the D700.
Not sure why you are not seeing the pictures in this thread. I went through the entire thread and there aren't any broken links for the pictures. Maybe clear your cookies for the nikonites site and come back in to see if they show up. Maybe just a refresh of the page will do it.

Ramseybella

Hello folks new to this site my name is Pete.
A few shots as I just bought the D700 a few months back after years with a D200.
The D700 to me Feels like film looks like film! But that's my opinion, Lots of years with film Nikon FA, FM2 and F3 and old Nikkor glass.
Would like to have a D800 but $$$.
Fist photo shows 28mm on info screen but it was a 35mm f2 nikkor-O..
#2 Quantaray Tech-10 24mm f2.8 (underrated lens same as Sigma Super Wide II) #3 Sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 although this was extremely cropped and converted to B&W it sill is just an OK lens, well built but lacks contrast and color rendition..
#4 Nikkor-P 105 f2.5 love all the 105mm f2.5 lenses.
Taos October.jpgAdobe2 Reduced.jpgRED-Edited1-Edited.jpgBode's Cafe,NM 2016.jpg

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello folks new to this site my name is Pete.
A few shots as I just bought the D700 a few months back after years with a D200.
The D700 to me Feels like film looks like film! But that's my opinion, Lots of years with film Nikon FA, FM2 and F3 and old Nikkor glass.
Would like to have a D800 but $$$.
Fist photo shows 28mm on info screen but it was a 35mm f2 nikkor-O..
#2 Quantaray Tech-10 24mm f2.8 (underrated lens same as Sigma Super Wide II) #3 Sigma Panta 135mm f2.8 although this was extremely cropped and converted to B&W it sill is just an OK lens, well built but lacks contrast and color rendition..
#4 Nikkor-P 105 f2.5 love all the 105mm f2.5 lenses.
View attachment 235215View attachment 235216View attachment 235217View attachment 235218

Welcome!

Ramseybella

Thank you Walt.
Hope more D700 threads come up, I have noticed some people on the web call this Camera obsolete I say no way.
This camera reminds me of a film camera as far as feel and the images it produces the shutter sounds like a bolt action rifle something I wish was quieter.
Never the less the images it produces are like using some ultimate Fuji transparency film that never was invented, not that a good resolving lens doesn't hurt..

STM

I miss my D700 sometimes but I replaced it with the D750 and am for the most part happy with it. The framing rate not as high though, but overall I think the IQ is better and the resolution about twice as high. With it's battery grip is a lot lighter than the D700 was with the battery, which took some getting used to. Though it is not, it felt more toy like than the D700.

Last edited: