B&H sale on Canon PIXMA Pro 100 Printer thru 12/31/17

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
I received mine a couple of days ago (I missed the $59 discount price) and 4 of the 8 ink tanks were leaking out of the top and down the sides. I called Canon and they are shipping me 4 new ink tanks for replacements in 5-8 business days. :mad: I was bummed at not getting to play with the printer, but yesterday bought some new ink at Staples. They price match and Amazon had some for $114 and with Staples 110% lowest price match guarantee, I got it with tax for $122. I have only printed a couple of documents after getting all of the drivers set, etc. but I do like how quiet it is and the quality that seems to be coming out of it. I will be looking at @Danno 's ink source to refill the cartridges in the future. So far, I am mostly happy with the purchase other than the little set back of leaking ink.

Sorry to hear about the leaking ink cartridges. Did you happen to contact B&H? They are usually very good about fixing problems. Hope the printer works well for you, Walt!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Sorry to hear about the leaking ink cartridges. Did you happen to contact B&H? They are usually very good about fixing problems. Hope the printer works well for you, Walt!

Actually, I have to confess. After I had checked at B&H for the deal and saw that it was over except the rebate, I went to Adorama to see if they might have the same deal. Because Adorama's price and the rebate were the same as B&H now had, I just ordered it from Adorama with a quicker shipping time. Either way, it all works out. Thanks Cindy for the heads up. I really have had good experiences from both B&H and Adorama. For me, to date it is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

nickt

@cwgrizz I've been watching the re-ink videos. So much to learn, my head hurts. But save those leaking carts if they are not damaged. You can use them if you get into re-inking. Even if damaged, the chips can be re-used. Save the twist off orange caps too, they can be used with a rubber band. If you are not ready to get into inking, look up the flush procedure so you can store those carts indefinitely. Or sell on eBay, good $$. I took the ink deal mentioned above direct from Canon, another free 50 pack of 13x19 paper with cart purchase. Then I ordered the precision color kit last night, the squeeze bottle version. If you order the kit, buy extra silicone plugs for the drill holes. I did not think of it. Also consider the snap on orange caps. Kit comes with 8 plugs for the drill holes, but after thinking it through, you will need at least 16 plugs. The reason is because its best to have 8 re-inked carts all ready to go and swap out all 8 as soon as any one runs low. Changing any one cart causes a purge cycle on all colors, so you save a lot of purged ink by changing all colors at once.

nickt

I got my rebate if anybody is wondering how long it takes. Mailed it in on Nov 2, received it Nov 18. Pretty quick as rebates go.

LouCioccio

Canon has a sale on paper but small sizes when you buy ink: "Offer valid November 20, 2017 12:00 a.m. through November 30, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in U.S.A. only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability. The Photo Paper Variety Pack includes the following: 5 Packs of Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - PP-301 - 4x6 (100 Sheets), 3 Packs of Photo Paper Plus Glossy II - PP-301 - 5x7 (20 Sheets) and 2 Packs of Glossy Photo Paper - GP-701 - 4x6 (50 Sheets). Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer excludes Professional Inks, Small & Home Office Inks, Selphy Inks, Paper, Toner, and MegaTank Ink Bottles. Offer subject to Terms of Sale."
Not sure if anyone is interested and most online labs will beat the price per 4x6 prints.
I usually wait for the 13x19 paper sales.

Lou Cioccio