D7500 Viewfinder Grid

Fastdog72

Without warning, I have lost my viewfinder grid. Yes, it is turned ON in the Custom Setting Section of the Menu. What shows in the viewfinder now is a long, horizontal rectangle with partial grid above and below it. I can also see my single point focus point. One person at B&H suggested that another setting could be interfering with it in some way. I do not have a clue what that might be. Has anyone else had this issue or know a fix I could try. I hope I have provided enough information to provide some clues. Many thanks!

Fastdog72

Here's some additional information that I just discovered: If I press the Live View Button and then the Information button on the left I can scroll through configurations until I get to the viewfinder grid. It displays on the pullout screen but the viewfinder is just black. If I push the OK button and switch my view back to the viewfinder there is no grid, just the same old rectangle. BTW, I do NOT have the 3.1 crop engaged. I am on the DX setting. I also tried the above method, suggested by another member, and while the grid is displayed on my screen, press the Lv button, no luck and then tried the Info button, No luck.

Needa

Challenge Team
I have lost my viewfinder grid.
Checked both my d810 and 7100 with grid view on it only shows the grid outside of the focus area, this is nothing like the grid in LV. If you are sure it worked before you might try a 2 button reset, be sure to backup your configuration first in case you want to restore the previous settings.

Spottydumplings

Here's some additional information that I just discovered: If I press the Live View Button and then the Information button on the left I can scroll through configurations until I get to the viewfinder grid. It displays on the pullout screen but the viewfinder is just black. If I push the OK button and switch my view back to the viewfinder there is no grid, just the same old rectangle. BTW, I do NOT have the 3.1 crop engaged. I am on the DX setting. I also tried the above method, suggested by another member, and while the grid is displayed on my screen, press the Lv button, no luck and then tried the Info button, No luck.

Have you by any chance turned on the function to display the Virtual Horizon in the viewfinder? I believe that will stop the grid being shown.

Dawg Pics

I took a look at my D500, and there are only grid lines outside of the focus area in the viewfinder. I checked the function of the grid and the viewfinder virtual horizon, which is what they call a pitch indicator, and they won't function together. You lose the pich lines if you activate the grid and vice versa. I didn't realize that and would not have because I don't turn on those features. Good info @Spottydumplings