EVF Not Working

GrandpaBlaze

Hi All,

I was in the middle of taking pictures at an event the other day and my EVF stopped working. I have it set to auto switch and it does switch but nothing on the EVF.

I have done the following:
  • Cleaned the EVF Sensor
  • Done a camera reset
  • Removed the batter
  • Changed batteries
  • Tried different viewfinder options - as mentioned autoswitch works. Monitor only works. But EVF only gives me nothing.
Any suggestions? Is it broken?

Thanks.

Fred Kingston_RIP

My Z7ii has a menu option to select the available EVF views. It's in the Setup Menu under the "Limit Monitor mode Selection" Does the Z5 have that? By pressing the EVF button, it cycles thru the different settings.

Clovishound

My Z5 has that option. I have them all checked, which allows me to select any one of them with the EVF button beside the viewfinder.

BF Hammer

Turn off the auto switch option to see if the EVF comes back. If the sensor becomes blocked I believe you would get the opposite problem with the screen not working, but who knows?

GrandpaBlaze

I have tried limiting the EVF options including setting it to EVF only.

The only way I can “see” anything is through the monitor. The EVF was working fine until midway through an event. Switched to a backup camera to finish shooting but prefer the Z5 via EVF. Almost never use the monitor.