I just had to do it D2x buy..

Ramseybella

Hopefully, your D2X will be working correctly. Let us know how it comes out.
Nope!!
Shot like three frames and it went back to stupid, the repair guy was shocked he says he had it working.
More internal issues with the board not worth the extra dollars to get it fixed..
I;m bummed well i can save it for parts for my other D2x.
I'm almost tempted to pull the board out of the working one and see if that's it.
Best not tempt fate..:stupid:

Ramseybella

Yeah, time to quit before it becomes a money pit.
I still have the working D2x and the H.
The best deals for DSLR Nikon now is the D700, i have one already but have seen some low shutter bodies go for $500.00.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nope!!
Shot like three frames and it went back to stupid, the repair guy was shocked he says he had it working.
More internal issues with the board not worth the extra dollars to get it fixed..
I;m bummed well i can save it for parts for my other D2x.
I'm almost tempted to pull the board out of the working one and see if that's it.
Best not tempt fate..:stupid:

Did the repair guy give you a warranty period? Send it back if he did.

Ramseybella

Did the repair guy give you a warranty period? Send it back if he did.
Yes it was 30 days i think.
They just voided the service from my Visa, as it happened in the parking lot before i was getting ready to head out and shoot some test shots around the building.
Good thing this place is like over 100 mile RT.

Last edited:

Ramseybella

Took the D2h out yesterday to keep it limber and I'm still impressed what 4mp can do in good light with decent glass.
Shot this using AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II..
Lost a little sharpness due to compression for the upload.

ASHTON.jpg

Last edited:

Ramseybella

Well as it go's i ran into a guy that had a D2x he hasn't used in ages and sold i to me for $50.00 177k on the clicker and was all dusted up.
After spending about 45 minutes cleaning off the New Mexico dust using contact spray, tooth brush Q-tips and wet wipes it came out fairly well.
With the fine powdered dust that was clinging to it I'm sure it needs to be opened up and cleaned inside..
So far the old Bird works, and is updated but it does not allow Black and White in color mode.
I have another thread asking the questions on why?
This could wind up being my parts camera?
D2x.jpg

Last edited: