New image size restrictions & instructions for inserting images hosted elsewhere

RockyNH_RIP

Re: New image size restrictions & instructions for inserting images hosted elsewhere

Same thing.

Hmmm.... I was uploading using the picture ICON and that is working... Then I tried the "My Photo's" on the lower left and selec ted one I uploaded previous and got the same as you... If that is what you are using, cannot help as I dont use that method...

sorry... I tried...

Pat in NH

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Re: New image size restrictions & instructions for inserting images hosted elsewhere

Thanks Pat, yes that is the method I use - from the gallery.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I click on MY PHOTOS in the QUICK REPLY box. Click on VBGallery, click on the image I want to post and all I get is
. Same process as I've been doing since July 2012.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

I click on MY PHOTOS in the QUICK REPLY box. Click on VBGallery, click on the image I want to post and all I get is
. Same process as I've been doing since July 2012.
Ah I see - Looking into this now.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

dsc_0072_574235.jpg
Looks like it's working now. Thanks!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

dsc_0072_574235.jpg
Looks like it's working now. Thanks!

It is? I spent a good hour looking at it and stopped thinking it still didnt work. Very strange. Glad it works now though :)

sent from my phone

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

It is? I spent a good hour looking at it and stopped thinking it still didnt work. Very strange. Glad it works now though :)

sent from my phone

Maybe the VW got me too!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member

hah, maybe!

Actually, the attachments still aren't working, but the gallery is. Even stranger. blah

WhiteLight

Yes there have been issues uploading pics of late.
Earlier i was unable to post a pic from my gallery to my thread. It would just say ATTACHMENT 29405045.
But that somehow worked itself out.
There were also problems with the Flash uploader.. it just wouldn't upload, like Grandpaw had a few days back..
Had to use standard uploader, but now it seems to be fixed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vixen

Has something changed for image loading in posts in the last year or so. I am sure I could upload multiple images when I was last here on a regular basis but now can only upload 1 at a time...and I don't like that if I'm wanting to upload a few. Can anyone help please?

Vixen

Thanks Brent. I'm not the only one then. I'll never understand these damned computers. You'd think they'd be more consistent than humans seeing as they are machines

The last post on this thread was in 2013. You might want to start a new thread. Also more current similar discussion can be found at https://nikonites.com/feedback-and-suggestions/40236-basic-uploader-suggestions.html#axzz4u8jshSS1

cwgrizz

Challenge Team

@jdeg

Ads appearing in threads.
They seem to be Epson ads and appear about half way down in the responses, Here is a screen shot:

ad in nikonites.jpg

Andy W

I'm still not seeing any ads. Maybe because I have AdBlock Plus installed on my PCs.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

@jdeg

Ads appearing in threads.
They seem to be Epson ads and appear about half way down in the responses, Here is a screen shot:

View attachment 301130
@jdeg I turned off my Ad Block and saw the same ad Walt shows here. It stayed visible for around 30 seconds. Then it disappeared, and posts #3 and #4 merged back together to fill the space. It was really strange. Here is the link from the ad:

https://epson.com/ecotank-super-tan...p&utm_content=108458075&utm_campaign=21929343

jcottone45

How do I add photos? It seems that all my photos are too big! I haven't added any in 3 years, I have a D850, a D810 & a D 750. All my past photos were from my D 300s!

I would like to add many photos to my gallery only as I am not interested in adding to any contests! Does this mean I can't add any at all??

Joe Cottone sr