Post your 'ALMOST' Photos..

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
dsc_9617_001_820644.jpg

Fredman1

I was shooting the Detroit Grand Prix every year, and in this picture I was trying to concentrate on the black Lotus of Ayrton Senna with, I think, my 400 2.8 (that or a 300 2.8).
This was in turn 15-16, where you could hear cars coming from the Ford Tunnel, but you could not see them until they were basically on top of you.
I thought I was all set - I could hear the car coming that I wanted to shoot - one had already come but he was to the right and
out-of-the-way - and right when I hit the trigger on the Lotus, that 'slow car' of Teo Fabi turned in front of my shot!
I was sooo pissed, but when I got the film back (Kodachrome), I got the pic you see - the body of the Lotus perfectly between
the chassis and the RF wheel of the Benneton of Fabi.
I know the pic is kinda soft, but is still an amazing pic.
The 'almost' part is I wanted JUST the pic of the Lotus...Ayrton Senna 17bj.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I was shooting the Detroit Grand Prix every year, and in this picture I was trying to concentrate on the black Lotus of Ayrton Senna with, I think, my 400 2.8 (that or a 300 2.8).
This was in turn 15-16, where you could hear cars coming from the Ford Tunnel, but you could not see them until they were basically on top of you.
I thought I was all set - I could hear the car coming that I wanted to shoot - one had already come but he was to the right and
out-of-the-way - and right when I hit the trigger on the Lotus, that 'slow car' of Teo Fabi turned in front of my shot!
I was sooo pissed, but when I got the film back (Kodachrome), I got the pic you see - the body of the Lotus perfectly between
the chassis and the RF wheel of the Benneton of Fabi.
I know the pic is kinda soft, but is still an amazing pic.
The 'almost' part is I wanted JUST the pic of the Lotus...View attachment 375370

Welcome!

You might want to start a 365/daily thread here
- https://nikonites.com/project-365-and-daily-photos/

Also, please feel free to introduce yourself here - https://nikonites.com/new-member-introductions/

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Fredman1, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work. Nice photo. It took me a while to find it. I was a real fan of Formula 1 Lotus until they basically faded away.