Post your focus stacking photos here

WeeHector

I posted another stacked photo of this amazing guy on the 'Spiders' thread. This is a stack of 7 photos. I couldn't get the ends of the rear legs in focus as the lens was actually touching the floor and almost touching the subject. All of my shots are hand-held unless I'm doing astronomy shooting.

This was, once again, taken using my 40mm lens + 20mm macro ring. I usually find that, when it comes to photos of small spiders, if you tap the ground just in front of them, they will sit still for 20 or 30 seconds but don't try it too often. They soon realise you are not going to hurt them and they just run on. :D

Araniella cucurbitina2.jpg

WeeHector

Already posted this shot in the insects thread but I thought it deserved its place here as well. Photos like this just seem totally unreal as we never see anything like them in everyday life. A subject in focus with the background totally blurred. It almost looks like 3D CGI.

Grasshopper 2.jpg

Moab Man

Tried different focus stacking programs - CS6 and Zerene. The CS6 did well, but the Zerene did a better job. Will learn how to use the program further and try out a few others before I settle in. Images were made with 17 shots on a gorilla pod.

CS6 - Had to do a bit of manual a splicing in of sharper areas.
Day164Mushroom.jpg

Zerene - No manual fixing.
Day164Mushroom.jpg