Post your waterfalls

Peter7100

Waterfall Abstract 2.jpg

BF Hammer

This is why I still carry a Lumix point-n-shoot camera around in a go-bag whenever I leave home. Working much farther from home than normal today, I stopped to take lunch in a small town where I knew about a man-made waterfall feature next to the intersection of 2 highways. Basically this was a stone quarry decades ago, and the hole in the ground filled with water. A businessman got the bright idea to plumb the rock with a pump to make a waterfall feature. I'm working today and had not expected to make this stop, so no Nikon DSLR with me. But Lumix got worked harder than normal. Finally took it off auto-everything and set to Shutter Priority, took test shot at 1 second and it was blown out white. Had to drop to 1/40s to get an image, so no motion blur. I steadied the camera by resting on top of an iron fence and proceeded to take a lot of photos as still as possible. G'MIC add-on in GIMP will align layers and average them, and this is the result. With some color adjustments. If I had a tripod, I would have composed a lot better. But I got my motion blur at high-noon.

Montello waterfall.jpg

Now I need to return with a DSLR, tripod, neutral density filters at sunrise. When the weather is warm again...

Catherder

Nice image with one of my favorite lenses. :)
It is a very good lens. When I got it with the Z7 I thought it would be another average at best kit lens and would end up collecting dust on the shelf, but it's the lens I use the most on the Z7, the 14-30mm is good also.

Bikerbrent

It is a very good lens. When I got it with the Z7 I thought it would be another average at best kit lens and would end up collecting dust on the shelf, but it's the lens I use the most on the Z7, the 14-30mm is good also.
Yes Catherder, the 24-70mm f/4 S and the 14-30 lens seems like a good choice. Now if you have a 70mm plus lens should really do a great job for you with the Z7 camera.