Service advisory

Catherder

Check the Nikon site to see if your Z8 is on the list. Mine was so I sent it in. Had no issues with it but want it checked.

Last edited:

Danno

My serial number was included in the Service Advisory. I sent it off to the New York service center. Hope it isn’t gone to long.

Danno

I have confirmation that it was delivered. I hope it is a quick turnaround. The Z6 is great but the Z8 is addicting.

Danno

I received notice that my Z8 is in queue. I received confirmation this morning that they will clean and repair with no charge in keeping with the service advisory.

Danno

Well, I spoke with Nikon Tech Service this morning and I confirmed that my Z8 will ship end of day today or early Wednesday. That is not bad. They received it and worst case it we be shipped, Wednesday, July 5th. It should be home. Early next week at the latest.

Clovishound

Camping out on the front porch?

I know I would be hanging around listening for the truck. Of course, it probably needs a signature. I would hope they would require one.

Danno

Well, mine is home. It got here about 1:00 pm. All shinny and new looking. I am really glad I saved my settings on a CFExpress card before I sent it off. I was pretty sure they would do a full reset. I honestly was not in the habit of doing that until the Z8. It took a long time to set it up when I first got it. Millisecond's to load them back in. The Small Gear L Bracket is very nice .as well. The fit is excellent. I prefer it to the RRS bracket on my Z6. It is a lot easier to change the battery.

Catherder

Got it back, they didn't do a reset on it so it's the same way I sent it in.
Says repaired bayonet mount, I don't know if it was replaced adjusted or just checked.
Cleaned, various checks done, focus, exposure accuracy etc.

Danno

Got it back, they didn't do a reset on it so it's the same way I sent it in.
Says repaired bayonet mount, I don't know if it was replaced adjusted or just checked.
Cleaned, various checks done, focus, exposure accuracy etc.
That is what they listed on my receipt, Sounds like the tech that worked on mine felt the need to reset it. :confused: Glad you got your's back.

Fred Kingston_RIP

Sent in my D750 for a Flare Issue and a Shutter issue... They acknowledged receipt and for the Advisory Conditions, and the Cost would be $0. They received it 6/28 and still shows SHOP as status...

Danno

Sent in my D750 for a Flare Issue and a Shutter issue... They acknowledged receipt and for the Advisory Conditions, and the Cost would be $0. They received it 6/28 and still shows SHOP as status...
Glad you got your issues taken care of Fred. I hope it gets home soon.

Fred Kingston_RIP

It's currently "out for delivery" with UPS, so I don't know what they actually did at this point. I always thought my D750 sounded 'different" that any other of my Nikon's shutters... It was always a dull thunk, instead of the nice kachink that my D810 makes. Thanks @Danno