Stoshowicz weekly 52

Stoshowicz

I am enjoying making these composites with excess photos that really dont stand out as stand alone images because they arent doing anything , arent all the same level of detail and so forth etc.
Eventually I may dump a lot of the old volume I have of the images , and some Of these I may keep as representative.

As a kid and or when I was first getting into the birds thing ,, I know I'd have liked the side by side opportunity to compare. The backgrounds and lighting arent all matching obviously , but at least the values of overall white balance and contrast etc are all fitting what I think would be correct on my monitor rather than presenting a variety of takes on color etc. I dont plan to keep single species on any given panel.. but I may :) so Its up to the viewer to decide if Im messing wit it.

View attachment 222436View attachment 222437View attachment 222438View attachment 222439

Last edited:

Stoshowicz

Laughing gull age categories , juv , 1st winter , 1st summer, 2nd winter, adult breeding april , adult basic January.

Why cant I delete this which is shown as an attachment the same size as the regular version?

Last edited:

Stoshowicz

View attachment 223265View attachment 223266
Upper , herring gulls, is my attempted depiction of their progression of development , the photo dates really dont line up with the nominal calendar year or traditional age classifications. The last gull doesnt seem to fit , so Im not sure its a pure herring gull, but if I find out it is, I think it will overlap the fifth bird. But hammering out what the sequence appeared to be has been very informative..it gives me a clearer basis to age and ID the larger gulls. Lemme know if you think its wrong . The same goes for the ring-billeds though that sequence is more in sync with standard habit.

Last edited: