Stoshowicz's 52 2017

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You could try to give some space in front of your birds. Seems to me that you are centering them dead center and it makes the images a bit less interesting.

Stoshowicz

You could try to give some space in front of your birds. Seems to me that you are centering them dead center and it makes the images a bit less interesting.
Technically you are probably correct , you do great stuff, but in this case the purpose is just to present them as physical examples (rather than leave more space in front to imply probability of motion through the frame). Most like these, I have roughly cropped to the rule of thirds ,with one of the lines of third , through the base of the bill, and a ,mostly, full profile, and inactive, which is pretty standard.
But like I began , you are probably correct that it would help the dynamics to do a more 'dynamic' crop than these have.

Stoshowicz

Can you ask him to raise up his wings so we can see if he has that tiny gray spot on P9 that I was reading about? :rolleyes:
I wish I could , but don't have this one in flight , I overlooked it to some extent at the time ,, till I got home and tried to ascertain its age precisely,, and then I couldn't match it up with anything one would expect down here.

Kevin H

Ok, I'm stuck now :) ... according to Sibley , the call means its a hermit thrush, BUT if it is gray-cheeked and you're certain , I would rather check that one off my list ,, BIG time.

Hermit was my first thought but I thought you'd put a harder one up there :D Tail looks rusty says Hermit I'd go with Hermit

Stoshowicz

Hermit was my first thought but I thought you'd put a harder one up there :D Tail looks rusty says Hermit I'd go with Hermit
Good OK , because I can't find an mp3 with a call that sounds much like what I heard ,, though it was singing when I snapped the pic from the other side of the bush.
If the idea is fun , I may present some bird parts , and after a few tries will show the whole bird and get more difficult over time, this was probably too easy for y'all.

View attachment 277160

Last edited:

Kevin H

Good OK , because I can't find an mp3 with a call that sounds much like what I heard ,, though it was singing when I snapped the pic from the other side of the bush.
If the idea is fun , I may present some bird parts , and after a few tries will show the whole bird and get more difficult over time, this was probably too easy for y'all.

View attachment 277160

House Wren?