The Duck Thread

blackstar

2023-02-20_16-06-25gimps.jpg

2023-02-20_16-08-30gimp.jpg

Clovishound

Got back out to the Audubon Swamp this morning. It was cold and there was a beautiful mist hanging over the water. Later in the morning I got a chance to get close to this teal. Managed to splay out the tripod and get close to the ground for a low angle shot. Still had to crop it a decent amount, so I ran it through gigapixel.

_DAB7047-gigapixel-art-scale-1_00x.jpg

Clovishound

Here is the small lake (actually it's an old rice field) where I shot this teal. It was on the far side of the lake behind the rookery. The mist on the water was gorgeous. The picture doesn't convey the beauty and wispy quality of the mist. In the picture it looks like just a light mist. In reality it was very heavy, but still allowed you to see the landscape. The experience was phenomenal.

_DAB6846.jpg

Clovishound

I know this is a duck picture thread, but I thought it would be interesting to show the larger area that the picture was taken. I've been taking a lot of pictures in this swamp lately. There are a lot of birds nesting there right now, so a lot of activity going on. All those dark bumps in the tree on the extreme left upper corner are egrets and their nests. There are a couple more nests in the small cypress tree in the middle, with a few anhingas thrown in for good measure.

Clovishound

I was looking through some older files and discovered an image I had not edited. Once I brought it into LR I discovered why. It was just a little too soft. Now that I have Topaz AI Sharpen, I thought I'd see if it could rescue it.

_DAB4881-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg