Any Serious Shooters Here Enter Contests?

BackdoorArts

So I thought I'd post that a friend of mine won the B&H Before & After Photo Editing Contest and got a new MacBook Pro for his efforts. He's apparently entered this shot into a number of contests and been rewarded for his efforts, which has me rethinking at least one aspect of contest photography, if something is good enough to enter and give away once then you might as well enter it in as many contests as possible and get as much as you can for it.

SkvLTD

So I thought I'd post that a friend of mine won the B&H Before & After Photo Editing Contest and got a new MacBook Pro for his efforts. He's apparently entered this shot into a number of contests and been rewarded for his efforts, which has me rethinking at least one aspect of contest photography, if something is good enough to enter and give away once then you might as well enter it in as many contests as possible and get as much as you can for it.

Well it does heavily depend on the source of the contest. Middle-o-nowhere or some modern art gallery contest, win it or not, isn't likely to yield much exposure to your possible market and bigger clientele as say, BnH or any major news outlet and such.