D4 is Mind Blowing!

Corey @ Faymus Media

Quick question, on the 1DX you can pick your fps, (suposedly according to my Canon budy), anywhere from 1 to 12 fps. Is this also an option on the D$? oops i mean D4. lol, what kinda beer was he drinking?

Yes in the menu I can select 1-9 fps for CL mode and for CH Mode I can select 10-11 fps.

You must be drinking some good beer lol hahaha I have done that before myself! Lol

Also the D4 is better in low light than the 1DX and it also has better dynamic range especially in the shadows.

Billy Y.

You must be drinking some good beer lol hahaha I have done that before myself! Lol

Also the D4 is better in low light than the 1DX and it also has better dynamic range especially in the shadows.

Life is short = drink good beer,
and yeah, no way am I thinking of switching to Canon - just trying to talk myself into a D4, or out or one...

gqtuazon

Gear Head
It is pretty sharp in the center especially once you fine tune the AF with your camera. I prefer the bokeh of the Sigma lens over the Nikon f1.8 version.

Sambr

Personal preference - I have had no luck with Sigma so I personally wouldn't considerate one. Other members love their Sigmas so it's going to be what is best for you( financially, build wise & of course IQ) I am sure you will make the right choice.

Corey @ Faymus Media

$1250 is a good deal but they are $1650 brand new so I am wondering if its worth it to save $400 and get a 2 year old lens. He said he never registered it, and it still has 3 years left. I am unsure of this. Any thoughts?

Cowleystjames

Just bought a D4 on Thursday to accompany my D800e. My issues with buffer size has gone away, I can now take over 60 raw images in a stream with no hold up. I love this camera.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

RockyNH_RIP

Just bought a D4 on Thursday to accompany my D800e. My issues with buffer size has gone away, I can now take over 60 raw images in a stream with no hold up. I love this camera.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Congrats!! Great purchase, look forward to your pictures...

Pat in NH

Cowleystjames

I shoot a lot wildlife & sporting events(Rollery Derby,Hockey,Football) never have I ever needed a 60 photo burst ever! If I need that many I would video tape it.

Video isn't the answer for what these trainers and owners want. Let me explain, I have been asked on several occasions for a run of photographs following a horses gait or stride if you prefer, over lets say 30 or 40 yards. A series of photos at 10fps with a thoroughbred running at an average speed of 38 mph and a stride length of about 7 yards. In one second the horse is capable of about two stride lengths or 14 yards at full gallop. I'm getting good photos for about the middle 30 yards or so, but I'm already shooting the horse whilst he's 25 yards or so from me, to 25 yards or away from me. This is so I'm swinging into the shot and following the horse through. The owner/ trainer is then getting a run of about 20-30 stills of the horse at full chat. Each photo is minutely studied to then see which muscles may need work on, or not placing hoofs down correctly, and generally the dynamics of the horse in question.
Video wont give them the detail, even HD, believe me they've tried it.

Sambr

Video isn't the answer for what these trainers and owners want. Let me explain, I have been asked on several occasions for a run of photographs following a horses gait or stride if you prefer, over lets say 30 or 40 yards. A series of photos at 10fps with a thoroughbred running at an average speed of 38 mph and a stride length of about 7 yards. In one second the horse is capable of about two stride lengths or 14 yards at full gallop. I'm getting good photos for about the middle 30 yards or so, but I'm already shooting the horse whilst he's 25 yards or so from me, to 25 yards or away from me. This is so I'm swinging into the shot and following the horse through. The owner/ trainer is then getting a run of about 20-30 stills of the horse at full chat. Each photo is minutely studied to then see which muscles may need work on, or not placing hoofs down correctly, and generally the dynamics of the horse in question.
Video wont give them the detail, even HD, believe me they've tried it.

Thank you for the explanation makes sense now. :)

Corey @ Faymus Media

Thank you for the explanation makes sense now. :)

Makes sense now lol here is a picture of my setup.

e6yqynyg.jpg