Interested in being a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, we're just about done reviewing the applications. If anyone else is interested please submit :)

Patrick M

Is this a dead topic now? I applied, and expected some kind of response .... But not nothing!

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
just wanted to bump this back up. Patrick, feel free to submit an application again.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hmmmm... Only reason I could think of why I would want to do it would be... Uncontrolable POWER!!!!!!!!

Power that doesn't really matter to most visitors. It's easy for members or would be members to come and go if their experience isn't pleasant or the group doesn't appeal to them.

ABN Panzer

:) Agreed.... which is why I didnt apply. :)
The post was more in jest than actual assumption of any gained power through admining a website.

Patrick M

I'd like to put myself forward again, if the position is open still. I missed this in December. Work y'know, but I have capacity now.

Eye-level

Banned
I just read through every one of Patrick Molloy's posts...I cannot believe he is not a moderator.

One thing I learned was that you can half way depress the shutter button while in Auto mode...read the settings the camera provides...then switch to manual plug in those settings and then adjust. That is something simple right there that would introduce a bunch of beginners to Manual mode and make it less mystifying. He said this could be done with the D80. Can this be done with all of the models?

​Like I said I cannot believe this dude is not a moderator he has not said one cross thing ever.

Patrick M

Eye-level, thank you for your support.
I haven't contributed enough yet.
Yes, any camera that has an auto mode as well as manual overrides can be "manipulated" this way.
I wrote about flash photography in the past, but its pretty good too where cameras like the D5100 and D7100 have scenes...portrait, food, children, sunset and so on. It's fun to examine settings and then experimenting

Cheers
Patrick

Eye-level

Banned
And you have been a member since 2010 (the beginning basically)?

Quality trumps quantity any day of the week. :)

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.