Ironwoods 52 Favourites 2017

Blacktop

I have wanted one of these lenses for quite a while because of their reputation and from the results I have seen from people that use it, its a fantastic lens, but always held off buying one because in the back of my mind I always thought I would end up going FX and would have to sell it. With the introduction of the D500, and now the rumour of the D7300, I have decided that for the foreseeable future I will stay with DX, so I am in the process of upgrading my glass with that in mind.
This lens came up at a price that I couldn't knock back, so I now have it. Next I want to get the Sigma 18-35.
I will sell my Nikon 105G macro, and my Nikon 70-300, thinking about selling my Nikon 35 f1.8, and 16-85. And hopefully sell my Tamron 150-600 and get something else, probably the Nikon 200-500.
I will keep my Tokina 11-16, and Nikon 55 macro.

Thanks. I didn't realize that this was a DX lens. It makes sense now. Gonna hafta google it now!:)

Ironwood

Thanks. I didn't realize that this was a DX lens. It makes sense now. Gonna hafta google it now!:)

It has now been discontinued by Sigma, there are a few new ones still to be had, but it seems they have jacked up the prices on them because of the rarity factor. I got this one 2nd hand, it looks like new, I am very happy with it.

From what I can gather, Sigma discontinued them because sales were slow, they are a big and heavy lens, about the same size as a 70-200, so most people were buying a 70-200 instead.
@Lawrence bought one a few months ago, he got his from the US, because he couldn't get a new one in New Zealand, and he didn't want to deal with the Russians.

Ironwood

I haven't been out much with the camera this week. Raining and busy with work doesn't help.

I will go with one of the new dog photos.

DSC_6012.jpg

Ironwood

This week I'll choose this one, I posted this somewhere already with a 7x5 crop, but I think I like it better with a square crop.

DSC_6278.jpg

Ironwood

Will go with a pen photo this week.
I chose this one because I was playing around with my lights and diffusers, and I think this shot is the closest I got to how I wanted them to look.

DSC_7533.jpg