Mastering Nikon Photography

gregbowers

Hello

As a newcomer to the world of Nikon photography, I'm eager to learn and improve my skills. Could anyone share some beginner-friendly tips and tricks for mastering Nikon photography? Whether it's understanding camera settings, composition techniques, or post-processing advice, I'm open to any guidance you can offer. I have checked removed link.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Thank you
gregbowers

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandpatch

Nikon has an on line school that might be of help, but if you are interested in the basics, there are many alternatives depending on what you prefer. I find that books suit me best for learning, as they're easy on my aging eyes, and I can read and re-read at my own pace while having my camera nearby. Our county library has some good titles. I also bought Nikon 5100 For Dummies many years ago and it's been great.

Nikon Education Online Courses

Last edited:

Danno

It would help to know which Nikon camera you are using and what you want to shoot. There are many different items, but if you want to do anything other than shooting in Auto, I recommend getting familiar with the exposure triangle. I like "Photography Life." They have good training, and it is free. I used them when I first started.

Here is a good place to start: Understanding Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO

If you already understand, I would look at Steve Perry's Back Country Gallery on YouTube. He has a lot of good information.