Moab Man's Project 52

Moab Man

W_DSC_3693.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Seeing your water drop images reminds me of one I saw in a Facebook group called Photoshop and Lightroom. The photographer titled it The Scream. It does look similar to a person screaming.

The photographer said, This was taken using my Canon 7d mk11 with a Sigma 105 macro lens. A member of our Camera club had built a machine that synchronised two flashes to go off at precisely the same time that the two water droplets collided. We put a metal rod into the water/oil/milk mixture where the droplets would land to give us the focusing point. With the camera in bulb mode, around f8 from memory, put the lights out, open the shutter using a remote trigger, press the button to operate the machine then close the shutter. The flashes operate at over 1/4000 of a second and is very much trial and error, this was one of the best from around 200 attempts.

Here is the link to the photo for those who are in that group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pshopandlightroom/permalink/1782554545140684/

Moab Man

Seeing your water drop images reminds me of one I saw in a Facebook group called Photoshop and Lightroom. The photographer titled it The Scream. It does look similar to a person screaming.

The photographer said, This was taken using my Canon 7d mk11 with a Sigma 105 macro lens. A member of our Camera club had built a machine that synchronised two flashes to go off at precisely the same time that the two water droplets collided. We put a metal rod into the water/oil/milk mixture where the droplets would land to give us the focusing point. With the camera in bulb mode, around f8 from memory, put the lights out, open the shutter using a remote trigger, press the button to operate the machine then close the shutter. The flashes operate at over 1/4000 of a second and is very much trial and error, this was one of the best from around 200 attempts.

Here is the link to the photo for those who are in that group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pshopandlightroom/permalink/1782554545140684/

Pretty close to what I am doing. Wish I could see the photo.