Nikonites App

Scott Murray

Hi Admin. Was thinking about this site and why I do not use it much. The main reason is that I browse mainly from my mobile device and the website is not very mobile friendly. It would be great if we could get an App created, I am not sure about the logistics of creating one but it would make usability better I think. Any thoughts?

BF Hammer

It's really very mobile friendly on Chrome or Chrome-based browsers. Way more so than the old forum software.

What features are you missing that are there on a desktop platform?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
When using an iPhone, what I experience is very similar to using Firefox or Chrome on my Mac. What is happening that is causing you issues, Scott? At least with an iPhone, I can set a webpage as a shortcut on my home screen, and it's very much like having a dedicated app rather than having to physically open my phone's browser to access the site. But what problems are you running into?

Scott Murray

I am using safari on an iPhone and I guess it just feels clunky and not easy to navigate. I never thought of saving it to the home screen like that. I orb up safari all the time and input the web address, this I guess is my biggest issue lol. I will try the short cut and see if it's better.

BF Hammer

Scott, not sure if you checked this but make sure you don't have this website set to display as desktop version. Site is mobile-aware and has an easy access navigation menu that disappears to the upper-left corner to be out of the way.
Screenshot_20240418-175359.png
Screenshot_20240418-175437.png

I am on android using Duck-Duck-Go browser which is chrome-based. It just doesn't report every site I visit to google.

Now the part that gets clunky is when you have a message thread that is 500 pages long. You have to scroll down to the bottom of page 1 and then click on the >> to jump to the last page. On a desktop environment, you have the option to go directly to that last page in the thread from the listing.

Last edited: