Nikonites has installed a new security feature for your images!!

ABN Panzer

I am unable to right-click anywhere without the Warning message comming up.
Links... photos... blank spots. Everwhere except in this text box when I am typing.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Okay, this is working as intended now. The caveat is that it will only work on threads that you have started. You should never see it on the homepage, product or forum pages. I'm working on the gallery.

crycocyon

I never right click, I just drag the photos to my desktop or a folder in "Finder". Still a mildly useful feature, although I agree that as long as the image can be seen on the webpage, there are ways of getting it off (or just capturing a screen image of the image). The best protection is the copyright symbol with your name next to it. I actually save a lot of images I like from other photographers on this site just because, well, they are nice.

RockyNH_RIP

Pat could you also try right clicking on links to open in a new tab or just to paste text?
Right clicking itself is blocked for me everywhere except on the pics :p

I am finding like Jake... It is thread, not post specific...

On my 365, all of mine are RC disabled.. BUT
If someone opens the picture with a left click, it can be downloaded
If they reply and a link shows.. left click the link, photo opens, and it can be downloaded.

Glenn had a photo posted on my 365, I could d/l it
My photos on flowers, not started by me, can be downloaded..

Whitelight, hope this answers your questions...

MODS, not complaining, just letting you/everyone know what I find in testing... (and answering a question I was asked to try)
I Applaud you for these efforts!!!

Pat in NH

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I've centralized it to just images instead of the whole pages on threads for members that have the option set. It should work when left clicking and viewing larger images too.

RockyNH_RIP

I've centralized it to just images instead of the whole pages on threads for members that have the option set. It should work when left clicking and viewing larger images too.

YES! That works fine now John, if I enlarge a photo and try RC, it fails! Thanks!

Pat in NH

AxeMan - Rick S.

Not meant in the wrong way, but a long time coming, thank you. Thanks to all involved for making this happen. Yes not a 100% but definitely a deterrent.

Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
It works for me on the original post. Not sure if anyone mentioned this - if I click on Reply with Quote on one of my photos and the right click in the Quick Reply box, I have the option to Cut, Copy and Paste.

STM

Just like any kind of security, the best you can do, really, is throw up virtual "roadblocks". The truly committed thief will not be deterred no matter what, time is on his/her side and all the tools required to get the job done are out there and free for the downloading.

I mean, in all honesty, if I decide I want your shot, with a few clicks of my mouse (well, six, actually) I can download the entire WEB PAGE, where you host your photo(s), discard those elements I don't want and be on my merry way with your pictures.

As much as it sucks, the cold, hard fact of the matter is... If we post it, we are potentially giving it away. Period. End of discussion.

You are indeed correct, sad to say. I could even photograph my monitor if I had to. And unless you ruin your image by doing something drastic like this, you really cannot stop it. And if I wanted this image badly enough, I could go into PS and laboriously fix it pixel by pixel.

MINE_zps4b3a626f.jpg

grandpaw

I thank you for this added help in protecting out pictures in a post and it works. The problem is that if I go to any gallery that I have tried I can right click on any picture and it gives me the option to "Save image as" where I can save it and print it out without any problem at all.

Photowyzard

Nice idea.

I went to the settings, clicked on YES and saved. I went to my image in my Favourite D800 Images folder... dragged the image to my desktop without grief.

I use a Mac. There is no right clicking, just put the mouse over the image, click, hold, drag... image on desktop.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Nice idea.

I went to the settings, clicked on YES and saved. I went to my image in my Favourite D800 Images folder... dragged the image to my desktop without grief.

I use a Mac. There is no right clicking, just put the mouse over the image, click, hold, drag... image on desktop.

Yes, unfortunately you can still do this with any computer.

I thank you for this added help in protecting out pictures in a post and it works. The problem is that if I go to any gallery that I have tried I can right click on any picture and it gives me the option to "Save image as" where I can save it and print it out without any problem at all.

I'm still working on adding this to the gallery. Separate system. I'll post here when it is added.

Tami Jo

I think this is a great idea. It should be the default settings on all sites. Thank you for doing this Nikonites!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

grandpaw

Okay, this has been added to the gallery.

I like this site very much and appreciate what you are doing to help out on keeping our pictures safe. The right click protection now works on the enlarged photos in the gallery but if you right click on the thumbnail you will still get the option to "Save Image As" and then print it or do whatever you want to with it. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

I checked it again and tried to print it and it only saves it as a thumbnail and if you try to enlarge it or print it, it is totally useless. I think you succeeded............ Thanks, Jeff

IT'S A WONDERFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!! Am I giving away my age?

Last edited: