No “support” section on Nikon USA website.

dachshund

The manual that is downloaded on the users manual app is 374 pages, the one shown on the youtube view doesn’t look anything like that many pages. Whats shown is an overview if the entire manual, not the entire thing, it’s like the one I received with my A900, just the basics.

Fred Kingston_RIP

Again, you seem to be confusing several issues... The 374 page manual that you download is a REFERENCE Manual... NOT the User Manual...

From Nikon's web site...

Nikon cameras are shipped with a printed user manual, the manual is sometimes called a reference manual or guide. The size of the printed manual does vary between camera models and can also vary depending on the market in which the product is sold.

If you have recently purchased a digital camera and there was no printed manual provided in the box, please contact the seller.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Mine did!

Lucky you! Back when the D7100 was sold as a refurbished model, some of us here purchased one. I don't think any of those came with a manual. Mine was purchased directly through Nikon, too.

Needa

Challenge Team
There is both a reference and user manual for the D3300 and D5600 available for download.

dachshund

Again, you seem to be confusing several issues... The 374 page manual that you download is a REFERENCE Manual... NOT the User Manual...

From Nikon's web site...
My point was that you formerly could download the “Reference Manual” from the Manual Viewer app which since 8/20 is no longer available.

dachshund

Fred Kingston_RIP

That might be more a function of Apple’s not allowing the viewer than Nikon. Apple frequently blocks certain apps in the App Store over what they perceive as “security” risks.

dachshund

That might be more a function of Apple’s not allowing the viewer than Nikon. Apple frequently blocks certain apps in the App Store over what they perceive as “security” risks.
I think this problem might be “cockpit trouble”, it used to show “support”, but no longer does. I can do work-arounds for this glitch however.

cbg

It's not available to download on Android. I just looked in the Google Play store and description for the Manual Viewer 2 says that service for it will end effective august 21, 2020. So it looks like Nikon and discontinued it and it is no longer available.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, it’s gone, I don’t know why, maybe something else will replace it?

Since it seems you weren't going to ask Nikon yourself....

Nikon Manual app question.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
These kind of tech issues are often enough to drive a person crazy. Take heart, though, the manual is available and can easily be viewed on your iPad if you can sort out whet is keeping you from seeing the support menu item and then viewing. It works. Honest. :)

I just went to Nikon USA on my iPad and I was able to go to the menu, click support and get to the manual in about ten seconds. You can download, then open with Adobe acrobat, or I imagine any other pdf reader.

I think the problems you are having must have to do with your iPad settings or maybe the browser you are using. Are you using Safari?

Woodyg3

Contributor

No, Apple certainly does not block pdf viewers or files. Adobe Acrobat is available there, as well as many 3rd party pdf apps.

dachshund

I can do a workaround by utilizing my desktop, but that is not always available. I can’t reach the questions section on my IPAD because I can’t reach the support section, that’s not a big issue. Why Nikon discontinued the APP was the main concern, and I imagined that if I did pose the question to Nikon, I would receive a similar reply. Not really an answer, just a reply.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I can do a workaround by utilizing my desktop, but that is not always available. I can’t reach the questions section on my IPAD because I can’t reach the support section, that’s not a big issue. Why Nikon discontinued the APP was the main concern, and I imagined that if I did pose the question to Nikon, I would receive a similar reply. Not really an answer, just a reply.

There are a great number of pdf reader apps for every device, so there's really no reason to worry about that.

I think I might know why you can't see the menu for support, though. I noticed that if I hold the iPad horizontally the menu icon does not show up. If I turn it vertically, the three bar menu icon shows up just to the right of the shopping cart icon. Click on that, and I can get to support from there. Why it doesn't show up in horizontal view, I'm not sure. Check and see if that works on your iPad. :)

dachshund

You are bang-on with that advice, It works great if you turn the IPAD vertically, I’m more used to the horizontal orientation so I’ll just have to make allowances. As far as Nikon’s discontinuing the Menu Viewer APP, I guess that’s lost and gone forever, c’est la vie.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is the response I received from Nikon today:

Response from Patrick F.
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the Nikon Manual Viewer app. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any information as to why it would have been discontinued, nor can I say if there are plans to release an updated app in the future. As you stated awareness of, the manuals are still accessible as downloadable PDFs, so they are at least not inaccessible.