Photo club involvement

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard Dennis Hoody, enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Please speak in English whenever possible.

PLM

I'm not much of a club person these days but I will offer my .02 cents. I once belonged to a club that I thoroughly enjoyed, until the leadership decided to triple the membership dues. Those folks were all people who were financially well off and could easily afford the increase. I spoke to a few of the rank-and-file members, and their opinion was that the leadership didn't have much concern for those of us who were less able to pay the increase. I reluctantly left the club.

In my opinion, I think you or your club should consider sending an email or snail mail to the membership in the form of a questionnaire, asking them for their opinions on what could be improved and what they would be interested in experiencing. Make sure there is ample room for them to write out their ideas, suggestions, etc., rather than make it entirely a multiple-choice questionnaire.

Clovishound

I once belonged to a club that I thoroughly enjoyed, until the leadership decided to triple the membership dues. Those folks were all people who were financially well off and could easily afford the increase. I spoke to a few of the rank-and-file members, and their opinion was that the leadership didn't have much concern for those of us who were less able to pay the increase. I reluctantly left the club.

Sounds familiar.