Pictures have a grainy touch to them! Help please

fotojack

Jack. The setting on the D60 is called Raw+B. the B indicates the Basic quality (lowest res) JPG setting. I use this setting because when I'm with Family, they can't wait for me to get home and tweek the photos. I just download to one of their PCs and I'm done with it.

Ah, OK. Didn't know she has a D60. I've been educated. Thanks, Mike. :)

CD7000

Hi Vanessa. I started with a D60 a while back. The best change I made was i bought a 50mm lens. What an improvement in quality. I have since moved to a D7000. Try the 50MM lens!! You will love it!

Kdavis

Why do you say "please don't tell me you have the nikon d7000" ? I am having that same problem with my new nikon. Images are very grainy inside. Even on low (under800) iso. Is there a setting I should change????

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Why do you say "please don't tell me you have the nikon d7000" ? I am having that same problem with my new nikon. Images are very grainy inside. Even on low (under800) iso. Is there a setting I should change????

You do have to read the manual to understand all the different settings that your camera has to offer. I suspect that your jpeg quality is just set too low. Try changing quality to Fine-large and let us know if you have a different result.