Post Your Automotive Shots!

nikonpup

362627423_10160773029353749_6826193077598308394_n.jpg

blackstar

They ride like a snowmobile with wheels. I tried a friend's version after my stroke... back when I was trying anything to keep my knees in the breeze. I was not fond of it at all. I have several friends who love them...
I see... It seems to be some kind of medical vehicle? Now I remember the owner (a neighbor) had a bad spine injury while working up on an electric power pole. So the bike works for disabled people to stay active when they want (or anyone wants). Surely I like to try a run or two. Nice

Danno

I see... It seems to be some kind of medical vehicle? Now I remember the owner (a neighbor) had a bad spine injury while working up on an electric power pole. So the bike works for disabled people to stay active when they want (or anyone wants). Surely I like to try a run or two. Nice
It is supposed to be better than a tried motorcycle. They are fast as well. The motor they come with is pretty stout.

Sandpatch

My VW GTI, but not my caboose. :) Read a few days ago that VW will eliminate the option for a manual transmission in the GTI, offering one last special edition with a manual in 2024. Mini too will eliminate their manual gearbox after 2024. These are sad times for those of us who prefer manuals. Mine is a six speed manual and I so enjoy it. :cool: [Cell Phone photo]

2023-09-03 GTI at McBee SC - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

crashton

My VW GTI, but not my caboose. :) Read a few days ago that VW will eliminate the option for a manual transmission in the GTI, offering one last special edition with a manual in 2024. Mini too will eliminate their manual gearbox after 2024. These are sad times for those of us who prefer manuals. Mine is a six speed manual and I so enjoy it. :cool: [Cell Phone photo]

View attachment 396001

If you had a trailer hitch you could pull that bad boy home. What a great backyard man cave that would make.

It is sad, but understandable about VW & manual transmissions going the way of the dodo bird. I bought my GTI with a DSG due to a dodgy knee. Well I have a new knee, but if I buy another GTI it will be another DSG. It's a great transmission that is a manual with a robot stirring the gears. Perfect for this old guy. ;)

Sandpatch

If you had a trailer hitch you could pull that bad boy home. What a great backyard man cave that would make.

It is sad, but understandable about VW & manual transmissions going the way of the dodo bird. I bought my GTI with a DSG due to a dodgy knee. Well I have a new knee, but if I buy another GTI it will be another DSG. It's a great transmission that is a manual with a robot stirring the gears. Perfect for this old guy. ;)

Agreed on the DSG. I test drove both transmissions back-to-back and found the DSG to be unlike any automatic I'd ever driven, lightning quick and almost intuitive in its gear selection. Regarding the manual, I should have known something was up because VW removed the time-honored golf ball shift knob on the new gen Mk8. Sacrilege! 😯

Sandpatch

My GTI in the overcast. Curiously, my D5100 cannot capture a good image of this color in direct sunlight. The facet of the car in the sun (like the hood) looks very light blue, almost white, while somewhat shaded sides look normal. To add to the oddity, my modest iPhone (SE 2020) is untroubled by this and takes good pictures of the car in sunlight. [this picture - D5100]

DSC_1810 2023-09-16 002 Maggie Valley NC.jpg

Sandpatch

Thank you Chuck. I also took it on a run both ways on the Tail of The Dragon and had a really fine time. As you suggested, I'll probably buy a few photos from Killboy. I'm not sure yet which ones, I have a bunch to choose from.

1695079658679.png

1695079573877.png

Needa

Challenge Team
My GTI in the overcast. Curiously, my D5100 cannot capture a good image of this color in direct sunlight. The facet of the car in the sun (like the hood) looks very light blue, almost white, while somewhat shaded sides look normal. To add to the oddity, my modest iPhone (SE 2020) is untroubled by this and takes good pictures of the car in sunlight. [this picture - D5100]

View attachment 396340
Look to me like there are a lot of reflections, from the sky and surroundings. The sky reflections my have something to do with the lightness of the hood and roof. A polarizing may help with that. Quit using so much wax. ;)

Last edited:

Sandpatch

Look to me like there are a lot of reflections, from the sky and surroundings. The sky reflections my have something to do with the lightness of the hood and roof. A polarizing may help with that. Quit using so much wax. ;)

< Quit using so much wax. ;) >

Haha! I laughed out loud at that comment. :D You're probably correct on the reflections. Good suggestion on the polarizing filter. I have one around here somewhere.