Post YOUR rides

huck

Bumping this thread because I'm a car enthusiast, my car is actually what got me into photography. Everyone else was posting awesome shots of their cars and I wanted to be in the cool club, so I went out and bought a d5100.

29e7e10e3e7a46ba8d6e79b87b0ef434.jpg

50eab1c1873c11c7959dbc5603201383.jpg

945786569ca70bd65a8b9abc80e0afd8.jpg

46d4e5f928e11ab321d50177d85c6517.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

crashton

Not my ride, but my wife's & I get to wash, fuel & change the oil on it. April 9 & Mother Nature plays an April fools joke on us, man she has a twisted sense of humor. :p

Sandpatch

My current ride.....

Your 2-Door GTI is destined to become a rare ride, as VW recently quit manufacturing 2-Door MK7 Golfs, GTIs and Rs. I love the look. I've noticed a 2-Door MK6 GTI often parked at a local business. I should go inside and make the owner an offer he can't refuse. <g>

The-Godfather-Marlon-Brando.jpg

Last edited:

Beast

Just a few. You Could say I like BMW's

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 135
  • M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_8620.jpg
    DSC_8620.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 109

Sandpatch

You look well stocked with car drying towels in your garage! :) Your Miata is a 1st Gen NA maybe? I'm looking forward to Monday, as I'll get to drive a friend's 2nd Gen NB 5-Speed a few hundred miles. As with yours, the rear visibility can't be beat. No need for a rear view camera here. :)

If you haven't seen this, you'll enjoy it:

crashton

Yes mine is an 95 NA with the ground pounder 1.8 engine. I bought it in 2000 to replace my MG the last of my LBC cars. Yes those are some of my detailing supplies. I just love a clean car, must be genetics, my dad did too.

Enjoy your NB drive. I hope you get to drive over to the mountains, your neck of the woods has some sweet driving roads.

Sandpatch

I spent this morning washing, clay-barring and waxing my wife's new Golf. It looks stellar. She accused me of 'car envy' and she may be right. :D

spb_stan

Here is my daily ride, 300 feet below ground, the St Petersburg subway system, that is as beautiful and clean as the photos show. $0.60 to go anywhere in the city, trains arrive every 2 minutes and run at 100km/hour. After living with great public transportation I can't see being happy driving in cities any more. I have had no interest in getting a car here, with all the complications of parking, storage and traffic. Plus it saves several thousand dollars a month in maintenance and storage costs. My garages were 2 twice the size my living space and never realized how much of my living expenses were related to cars that I seldom drove. My every day driver car back in the US is pictured below(Bora Maserati) and on special occasions, shows cars or a special date the others would be used, including a fully restored 1958 Bentley limo. Not having cars here gave me a great deal more freedom and if on the rare occasion where a $3 taxi ride was not enough, I can rent a car for the day for $20 to go to an isolated lake or take friends to another city.
six-carriage metro train1000.jpgMetro_SPB_Line1_Kirovsky_Zavod1000.jpgmetroplatform1000.jpg
Growing up in California, having a care was essential for life so got my first at 15, a broken Corvair I repaired in time for driving with my learners permit at age 15 1/2 that was the law back then. Later started collection Italian GTs from the 50s-70s and had at one point 13 classic Maserati including a 72 Ghibli SS, which was Frank Sinatra's before he died. Ghiibli's were the fastest production car in the world at the time and one of the most beautiful GTs ever designed, I was sort of an expert on them and had 3, all fully restored in my own shop. A fun project car was a 1969 Z-28 that looked perfectly stock but everything under the sheet metal was custom built, from the tubular space frame, to aluminium machined block, with dual turbos and all the mods needed for a 200 mph road car including IRS. This one below is one of 2 late 73, 4.93 liter aluminum hemi v-8 mid engine Bora Maserati, the only car I kept and is in storage in California. That model is the only practical mid engine GT I ever would consider as a daily driver, big torque V-8, great engine isolation, and sound proofing, and as comfortable in traffic jams in 100 degs as going to the twisties on Highway 1. Any time and weather condition just jump in, add fuel and drive 600 miles and arrive relaxed. No other mid engine GT I have ever driven was suitable as a primary car. I had a Ferrari BB512 bought new in Italy and shipped back in 1984 and it was definitely not built as ruggedly with its otherwise excellent flat-12 cylinder 5 ltr engine, it hated traffic and city stop and go and needed hours of prep before a 4 hour road trip. The only car I kick myself for giving away was the 1975 Toyota FJ-40 4x4, the most reliable, effective vehicle I ever owned, with 25,000 full off road miles. I lived in the mountains 180 miles from my business. I gave away all the other cars to friends in the 2 weeks before moving here. I don't drive the Bora on my occasional return visits because the CA registration expired 10 years ago and for a 2 week visit, paying 10 years of registration to make it current is not something I can't do on my current budget.
73bora4.9.jpeg