Scott's Filmstravaganza

Scott Murray

I still have my original Konica SLR. It lets light in also. Worse than this. Its a nice paperweight ;) I did try to get it repaired but they didn't do a very good job, so I asked for my money back..... I got it ;)
It's an easy fix honestly

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

BeegRhob

Time to get out and play. Loaded my very ever first roll of 120 film into my P67. I wonder what my 10 shots will be on medium format. Hmmmm maybe just some test shots first to make sure there are no light leaks.

Possibly load up the film for the first shot and shine a light around the seal, then seal it externally, with tape or something like plumbers putty. Then you should have a few shots without leaks. I bought a few cameras in a lot and they had a lot of duct (also duck) tape on them. Took the tape off and it left behind a residue. Turns out, the duct tape was the best thing to use to remove the residue!

Rob

Scott Murray

Possibly load up the film for the first shot and shine a light around the seal, then seal it externally, with tape or something like plumbers putty. Then you should have a few shots without leaks. I bought a few cameras in a lot and they had a lot of duct (also duck) tape on them. Took the tape off and it left behind a residue. Turns out, the duct tape was the best thing to use to remove the residue!

Rob
I replaced the light seals in my camera. I was talking about my new P67 that I have not used yet and am unsure of light leaks. Woild rather waste a roll of film and fixing the issue rather than applying a band-aid fix. For a mint Medium Format film camera I am not putting putty or duct tape near it lol.

Scott Murray

Ok so I got my jpegs back from the Lab of my Pentax 67 test shots, low resolution scans. The negatives are being delivered to me.

I am very happy with them, I have noticed a line on the top of the film, hopefully this is from the scanning and not the camera. I will confirm once the negs get here.

All images are using Kodak Portra 160 (120MF), and using the internal exposure meter ETTR.

Please let me know your thoughts, these are also all unedited from the lab. Once I get the originals I will rescan them at a higher resolution and post the results.

Pentax 67 Kodak Portra 16060 by Scott Murray, on Flickr

Whiskeyman

Scott, I used to shoot Ektar 25 ISO in 120 and absolutely loved it when there was enough light. Fuji Velvia was my choice when the light wasn't enough for the 25. The Velvia had such rich colors that it was a shame to waste it on some subjects.

WM

Scott Murray

Scott, I used to shoot Ektar 25 ISO in 120 and absolutely loved it when there was enough light. Fuji Velvia was my choice when the light wasn't enough for the 25. The Velvia had such rich colors that it was a shame to waste it on some subjects.

WM
Have loaded Ektar 100 ASA into my P67 for the next roll.

Scott Murray

30 images ready for developing.
91fe6d2fde79a709d668a3b4dc7fa12d.jpg

Scott Murray

Here are a few more images from my 5 rolls that I got developed.

Kodak Porta 400 shot at box speed and overexposed in camera.

KODAK PORTRA 400 (1) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK PORTRA 400 (2) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK PORTRA 400 (3) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

LOMO CN 800 - I do like the look of this film stock (Kodak Gold???).

LOMO CN800 (7) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

LOMO CN800 (6) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

This next one pushed the LOMO's Dynamic range, I was trying to get the shadows exposed to see the sheep under the shed and not blow out the sky, impossible without a GND filter.

LOMO CN800 (8) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

LOMO CN800 (9) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK Portra 160 shot at box speed.

KODAK PORTRA 160 (3) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK PORTRA 160 (8) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK PORTRA 160 (4) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-04-21 at 10:14 PM ----------

KODAK EKTAR 100 - Shot at box speed and Over Exposed 1 - 2 stops

KODAK EKTAR 100 (7) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

KODAK EKTAR 100 (4) by Scott Murray, on Flickr

Scott Murray

Well I have got another 4 rolls of film developed and scanned, this time with a different lab. They scanned at a lower resolution than I expected and have not labelled the film stock which it was shot with, although I can do this once the negatives get delivered in the mail.

Warroora Station - Just South of Coral Bay in Western Australia

Untitled by Scott Murray, on Flickr

And these are some old buildings that remained at an old wool shed.

Scott Murray

Apart from the photos of Mr Tank, this is probably my most favourite out of the lot.

And an old car that we came across.

Our usual camping set up.

Rare water in the desert.

I am pretty sure this is Lomo 800.

Camping with mates.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Apparently linking to flickr is wrecking havoc with loading pages. I am going to let the admin know and see if the new server will address this problem.

So how do you like shooting film, Scott? I notice the camera listed on flickr is NORITSU KOKI EZ Controller - is that some type of thing used to convert negatives to film? Just wondering what camera you are actually using. And what kind of film? Kodak, Fuji, something else?