Tokina lens

bikeit

Looking a good lens for landscapes and indoor shooting, is this lens a good choice? or is there a better lens around the same price [h=1]Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm f/2.8 (NIKON) £279[/h]

Looking a good lens for landscapes and indoor shooting, is this lens a good choice? or is there a better lens around the same price Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm f/2.8 (NIKON) £279

What camera will you be using it on? It is a DX lens and it really is nice. I have one that I used on my D7100. The trick to using it is learning how to use it and how to correct the perspective issues that you will have on any wide lens.

Once I found, bought and started using Automatic Perspective Correction | DxO ViewPoint | www.dxo.com I used my Tokina 11-16 a lot more. It gives perfect results on wide angle lenses with little effort.

I am going to have to sell mine since it does not work that great on my D750 camera. I am going to miss it.

bikeit

I will be using it on a D7100, Is that Perspective Correction something that can be corrected in PS or LR?

Last edited:

Fred Kingston_RIP

Yes... I have one, and use it all the time on a D200/300... There is a Tokina profile for that lens from Adobe in LR CC

I have several older and newer Tokina lenses... they're a stellar lens makers...

I will be using it on a D7100, Is that Perspective Correction something that can be corrected in PS or LR?

It can be but the wider the lens to more work you will have to do. at 11mm in a tight room with lots of angles can be quite difficult. I found that using Viewpoint just made it a few clicks and it worked perfectly. This has nothing to do with the Tokina 11-16 but with any wide angle lens

480sparky

There's two kinds of corrections being mentioned here.

One is a 'profile' for the lens, which will correct optical distortions such as barrel, pincushion, compound (mustache) distortions as well as chromatic abberations.

The other is perspective distortion, for which no profile can exist. It must be corrected in post manually, customized to each image.