Don's D7100 Daily Dabblings - 2014

john*thomas

It came with a spare battery but it is an aftermarket battery. It charged first so it is in the camera now working without a hitch. Wee see how long it lasts.

After my experience with aftermarket on my D5100 I didn't bother this time. When I wrote my earlier reply I had just woke up (working nights) and hadn't thought out that you already have a D7000 so you are familiar with the batteries. :D

I do love how much longer these batteries last over my D5100 batteries.

After my experience with aftermarket on my D5100 I didn't bother this time. When I wrote my earlier reply I had just woke up (working nights) and hadn't thought out that you already have a D7000 so you are familiar with the batteries. :D

I do love how much longer these batteries last over my D5100 batteries.

i always have great results with my D5100 batteries. I have two for it. The only time I had to change batteries during a shoot was when I was doing time lapse and had shot 3,000 photos on pone charge that day. I had to wonder why it got so many shots but I think it is because the review only comes on for a second before it resets for the next shot. Also there was no auto-focus to drain the battery. Most of the time on the D7000 I did not every shoot enough in a day to go through a battery.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Of course it is raining and grey and nasty outside. After going through and setting the basics I opened the back door and shot a few just to get a feeling for the camera

Is it me or what? EVERY time I get a new camera or lens this has happened. Congrats on the Camera Don, you're going to love it. FYI, even with those faster cards shooting RAW that buffer is still going to fill quick. ENJOY your new camera.

OK guys, My first outing with the D7100.

d71_0193-frameshop.jpg
d71_0039-frameshop.jpg
d71_0115-frameshop.jpg
d71_0136-frameshop.jpg
d71_0172-frameshop.jpg
d71_0105-frameshop.jpg
d71_0155-frameshop.jpg
d71_0040-frameshop.jpg
d71_0025-frameshop.jpg
d71_0032-frameshop.jpg

Lookin good Don.

Are they taken with the 18-140 ?

Yes, all taken with the D7100 and the 18-140.

I have a private boat tour in the Okefenokee Swamp lined up for my wife and I later this month and I do not want ot have to change lenses on a boat in the middle of the swamp so I am practicing with this lens to see if it will do what I want it to.

Did a walk-about in the downtown area and reshot a couple of the shots I had done early this week to see how they compare. Different lighting today so not really a fair comparison.
But I think the D7100 is a winner so far.
d71_0197.jpg
d71_0233.jpg
d71_0215.jpg
d71_0216.jpg
d71_0207.jpg
d71_0204.jpg

great shots Don i see you are back to your fav shots to test the new rig out

Yep, Three reasons.
1. It is just down the street from where I live so it is on 5 minutes away.
2. I have shot it enough times to know what it looks like and therefore a good way to judge what I am doing
3. There is no place to walk at my house so when I need to get out and get some exercise there is a nice creek walk downtown so I use it and the zoo for my exercise.