hark 2023

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
These will start off my 2023 thread. Three old tractors from an orchard.

_10K6952 low res.jpg

_10K6955 low res.jpg

_10K6958 low res.jpg

_5DX4052 low res.jpg

_5DX4057 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice old trackers, Cindy. The first three photos are really of an old rig. The other two might run with some work!!
Thanks, Brent. That first one is close to the road more for show-and-tell. Honestly I don't know if the other two work or not. There was an electric deer fence near the first tractor. The other two were inside the deer fence so I couldn't get close. Had to switch to my other body/lens for those images.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A few more from yesterday's outing. This lake was dredged last year so it's been dry for months. When I drove by, I noticed it was filled in again with water.

_10K6917 low res.jpg

_10K6902 low res.jpg

I stopped to take a photo of a memorial bench only to find out the bench was being restored. While there, I noticed this small waterway nearby. I'm not sure if it's from a creek or water runoff from the parking area.

_10K6929 low res.jpg

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This afternoon I attempted to take a few photos with my DSLR - still recovering from rotator cuff surgery. Unfortunately there might be another tear in my shoulder and will get an MRI in a couple of weeks. It was difficult to hold the camera up to my eye even for a short time, but I really wanted to capture the cloud activity.

This was also my first attempt to work with Photoshop 2023 and the updated version of Camera RAW. Back when I used my previous laptop, I had to stick with Photoshop 2017 due to the specs required to run the program. Camera RAW is very different now vs what I was accustomed to. It's definitely a learning curve having masks in CR.

_10K7003 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Interesting artificial trees hark, or do you prefer Cindy?
artificial trees!

hark

You can call me Cindy, Brent. As I drove past it, it reminded me so much of a tree trimmer up on a line truck that I had to turn around and go back.

Hope your shoulder feels better soon and you can hold your camera pain free.

Thank you. I am scheduled for an MRI in 10 days. Something is definitely wrong. Even my bicep feels torn with a lump in it. But I hope to get out once in a while and take a few pics.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I thought this was an unusual sight only because the lift wasn't in use. It was sitting in the parking lot next to The Home Depot. Normally I only see this type of thing when the piece of equipment is on location somewhere and in use.

_DSC5463 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
After a brief trip to New Hope, Pennsylvania, I stopped at Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve and took a few photos. There was some type of event going on near the parking area so I made sure not to get too close to them. This is a historic building (mill) that sits along Pidcock Creek. Way up on top of the hill, Bowman's Tower is visible in the first image.

_10K7111 low res.jpg

_10K7099 low res.jpg

Needa

Challenge Team
After a brief trip to New Hope, Pennsylvania, I stopped at Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve and took a few photos. There was some type of event going on near the parking area so I made sure not to get too close to them. This is a historic building (mill) that sits along Pidcock Creek. Way up on top of the hill, Bowman's Tower is visible in the first image.

View attachment 392328

View attachment 392329
Glad to see you posting! (y)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
And here is one from today. While it might look like a picturesque scene, that lovely rolling hill in the background is none other than part of a landfill. But it is a beautiful area to visit. There is a marina further up the cove, and once in a while one of the boats will head this way for fishing. However, I'm standing behind a guard rail. There isn't any direct access to the cove from here - I'm standing in a parking lot of a business complex. Once in a while I will catch a glimpse of a Bald Eagle, but that is very seldom.

_10K7162 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I will add one more comment ... after editing the above cove image, I closed out Photoshop. But right before I closed it out, there was a prompt if I wanted to save the changes. I clicked yes by mistake. Unfortunately I had just downsized this image for Nikonites and wound up saving the low resolution file by mistake. So that prompted me to start over from scratch and reedit the image. 😠

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This morning I gave my neighbor a ride to NJ to pick up his wife's car. On the way home, I decided to stop at a marina and see if any sailboats were out. One was just heading north and was quickly out of my view so I headed to a local wharf in anticipation of waiting for the sailboat to arrive.

Sadly when I got to the wharf, I was greeted by crime scene tape, flashing red and blue lights, and several people standing around. Turns out a man and woman got into an argument, and she pulled out a gun emptying it on him. It ended in his death. His body was covered (thank goodness). I was told the lady was taken into custody.

Although I did get a photo of the sailboat, it wasn't a great photo due to so much haze in the atmosphere. Here is a pic of the police waiting for the coroner to arrived. The coroner still wasn't there by the time I left.

_10K7171 low res.jpg