Nikon Z50 mirrorless APS-C camera and two lenses (16-55mm and 50-250mm) to be announc

mikew_RIP

Here we are

Z_50 (1).jpg

Z_50 (5).jpg

Z_50 (8).jpg

mikew_RIP

Yes, it looks like these kit DX lenses may have VR, but what all of the other Z lenses? I don't believe they have VR which makes this camera useless in my book.

Would anyone that buys Z50 want the very,very expensive and rather bulky FX Z lenses on it ?, more to the point is will Nikon back the Z50 with a range of lenses more in keeping with this camera, only time will tell.

Danno

I hope the formal anouncment shows more than the rumors. Sounds a bit short on specs. No IBIS is a disappointment. No Joystick. No AF-On button. Just looks like it is lacking a few buttons.

mikew_RIP

I think lots of us were hoping for a DX version of the Z6 for half the money, time for a realty check it was never going to happen.

I am just pleased Nikon have produced a Z DX, market forces will sort the price and how many more bells and whistles Nikon need to add.

Danno

@mikew, I got so taken aback by the top post on this page that I forgot to tell you congratulations! I do look forward to seeing what you think of the Z50.

Glevum Owl

I don't get it: why pay >1,100 GBP for the crop sensor Z-50 when the Sony full frame A7 is around 800 - 850 GBP and the A7ii with IBIS is only around 1,400 GBP? What am I missing?

mikew_RIP

I don't get it: why pay >1,100 GBP for the crop sensor Z-50 when the Sony full frame A7 is around 800 - 850 GBP and the A7ii with IBIS is only around 1,400 GBP? What am I missing?

Your missing the fact Sony isnt Nikon :D, the fact for £1200 i can get the body and both lenses to fit in with my current gear, why would i want full frame just to crop in most birding situations,i can buy Nikon AFS lenses if i want to also use on my Nikon V2.
Not priced sony gear up but i think the lenses are heavy and expensive, though to be fair if they were light and cheap it wouldnt make any difference.

Glevum Owl

Your missing the fact Sony isnt Nikon :D, the fact for £1200 i can get the body and both lenses to fit in with my current gear, why would i want full frame just to crop in most birding situations,i can buy Nikon AFS lenses if i want to also use on my Nikon V2.
Not priced sony gear up but i think the lenses are heavy and expensive, though to be fair if they were light and cheap it wouldnt make any difference.
I thought my post might be a little contentious. ;) I can see how "fitting in with.. current gear" is a major plus point for many. Kudos to Nikon for the smart move of one mount for all Z bodies making it easier to trade up (sic) to full frame without having to to ditch any glass.

A friend kindly lent me his A7ii and a few lenses earlier in the year and my wrists still ache. Nice but too big and heavy, also IMO unbalanced when fitted with a heavy lens i.e. any Sony lens.

Having just watched Jared Polin's preview, the Z50's tempting. Pity the ZTF adapter isn't included with the two lens kit.

https://youtu.be/42uM-HcJPKY